Swimming pool heat pumps work just like central air conditioning heat pumps, only in reverse. Instead of removing heat from the inside of your home and expelling it to the outside air, a pool heat pump takes heat out of the outside air and transfers it into your pool water. Swimming pool heat pumps can extract useful heat energy in air temperatures as low as 45–50°F, so they are very effective in Florida’s mild climate.
A swimming pool heat pump has three major advantages:
- It’s substantially cheaper to operate than a gas heater. The electricity required to run a swimming pool heat pump typically costs only one third as much as propane to deliver the same heat, and only half the cost of natural gas.
- Heat pumps deliver heat at night and during cloudy and rainy weather, so they offer more consistent and reliable performance than a solar pool heater, although this performance comes at a cost.
- Faster recovery time than a solar pool heater. A typically sized pool heat pump will put heat into a pool at a faster rate than a typically sized solar pool heater, so a pool heat pump may be a better choice when the ability to swim during periodic stretches of mild winter weather is a priority.
However, heat pumps do use electricity and electric rates will continue to rise. So if you have a suitable unshaded area to install a solar pool heating system, we strongly recommend that you consider the solar option first.
AquaCal Heat Pumps
A pool heater is a worthwhile investment that increases the value of your swimming pool and extends your bathing season—from the first signs of spring to cool autumn evenings. So that you can get the most out of your pool, AquaCal has developed innovative products that combine the finest electric and mechanical components in the industry, decreasing energy consumption and reducing running costs. AquaCal pool heaters offer a multitude of characteristics that place them well beyond industry standards.
Every AquaCal heat pumps is ARI certified. This accreditation is provide by the Air-conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), the only independent American organization to carry out a battery of air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration tests on an entirely voluntary basis on the part of the manufacturer.
AquaCal Silent System technology:
Three times quieter than the competition
Audio testing confirms that AquaCal pool heaters produce a greatly reduced level of noise, thanks to the AquaCal Silent System! This technology combines the efficiency of the Scroll compressor, which is 3 times quieter than a piston compressor, and a swept-wing fan design that increases the flow of air while reducing the amount of electricity used by the motor and the sound level by 5 or 6 decibels. Our brands exclusive acoustic insulation also contributes to the equipments quietness and protects the compressor in adverse weather conditions.
Among the highest precision in electronic temperature control
The electronic control board allows you to adjust the water temperature in your swimming pool with great precision. In addition to providing a constant level of heat, thanks to control settings that are accurate to within 0.5, this system ensures optimal energy performance for your pool heater in outside temperatures as low as 5C. It is also equipped with an electronic defrost system, separate controls for swimming pools and spas, and it is compatible with external control systems. In addition, its integrated diagnostic analysis system allows the equipments performance to be adjusted and also simplifies maintenance.
Installation and maintenance: simple, quick, and efficient
From installation and use throughout the summer to winterization, many characteristics of our pool heaters bear witness to AquaCal's know-how when it comes to design. Developed by technicians who know the mechanics of their trade inside and out, each component has been carefully designed to simplify its maintenance and use, from electric connections to plumbing parts, avoiding any unnecessary steps.
Warranty and support direct from the manufacturer
10-year limited warranty against corrosion on our titanium heat exchanger.
Ultra high-performing components
- Heat exchanger with rifled titanium tubing that increases thermal efficiency and resists the chemicals found in pool water.
- Sealed, lubricated ventilation motor that ensures reliable functioning and doesnt require any maintenance.
- Curved air intake that provides a greater flow of air, a reduction in noise and considerable energy savings.
- Thermostatic expansion valve that supplies exactly the right amount of Freon to ensure optimal performance, regardless of the ambient temperature.
- High-performance evaporator that maximizes the flow of Freon for better heat recovery.
- Filter that provides increased protection for the compressor against humidity and contaminants.
- Cabinet and protective grill that are resistant to vibrations, harsh winter conditions and UV rays.
For a free estimate to install your Heat Pump Pool Heating system, give us a call today!
Orlando Area Call: 407 927 0652
In Volusia Call: 386 532 5418